What is Balloon Sinusplasty
Balloon Sinuplasty (BSP) is a minimally invasive procedure that provides long term relief from chronic sinusitis symptoms. Sinusitis refers to the inflammation of the lining of the sinus and is often preceded by a cold or allergic attack.
Symptoms Balloon Sinuplasty Helps With
Ready to breathe better? Balloon Sinuplasty provides real relief from ongoing sinus issues.
Recurring Sinus Infections
These are acute sinus infections that occur several times a year due to blocked nasal passages and anatomical irregularities affecting drainage
The most common symptom of sinusitis is pain and tenderness over the region of the affected sinus. Typically, the sinuses in the forehead and cheekbones are affected resulting in a headache.
Issues with Sleep & Snoring
Sinusitis can lead to snoring and disturbed sleep from difficulty breathing through the nose which often results in daytime lethargy
A chronic cough more severe at night may sometimes be the result of an untreated sinus infection.
When your sinus passageways are open and clear, you’re free to breathe easier through your nose.
When is Balloon Sinusplasty Recommended?
Sinus surgery is usually considered when conventional treatments have failed to provide any relief from chronic sinusitis symptoms. Traditional sinus surgery involves the removal of bone and soft tissue from the blocked sinuses to enlarge the sinus passage and restore normal sinus drainage. This surgery may lead to post-operative pain and scarring. Balloon sinuplasty is an alternative surgery preferred over other treatments because it is less invasive than traditional sinus surgery.
How Balloon Sinuplasty Works
Breathing better impacts every area of your health. Here's how you can improve how you breathe thanks to Balloon Sinuplasty:
The procedure is performed right in our office, with no general anesthesia
A tiny balloon is placed through your nostril, in order to gain access to the blocked sinus passageway
Then, the balloon is inflated, gently opening and widening your sinus passageway.
The recovery is quick, with most patients returning to normal activities in 24-48 hours.
Real Patients, Real Life-Changing Results
These Montgomery ENT patients were able to find lasting sinus symptom relief.
I would highly recommend Dr Grosinger and his staff. They were very considerate and everyone was so nice. Anyone having sinus issues, go see Dr Grosinger. I had the Balloon Sinuplasty in October and I feel so much better
“Every step of the process, from first consultation to last check in post-surgery, was efficient and pleasant. Dr. Grosinger and his staff were as professional as possible while making myself (the patient) as comfortable as possible throughout the entire process.”
- “I had total blockage and could not breathe through my nose. Dr. Mark Grosinger did the Balloon Sinusplasty and removed the polyps that were blocking my sinuses. The procedure was done in office, I had no pain and recovery was quick. I can breathe through nose again and I sleep better and the wife says the snoring is gone.”
- “Doctor Grosinger and the staff are great, the Balloon Sinuplasty went very smoothly. I have had no pain post-surgery, and the pressure I had felt in my sinus area prior to the surgery is gone.”
- “Dr. Grosinger did a super job on my Balloon Sinuplasty. The procedure wasn’t invasive and I had very little pain and have amazing results. I can breathe through my nose with ease. I had three previous procedures that were much more invasive and didn’t have good results. I encourage anyone who needs this kind of help to trust Dr. Grosinger with Balloon Sinuplasty. The results are life changing.”
“I cannot say enough good things about Dr. G and his staff! I have always been treated in a professional manner at his office and Dr. G is genuine and listens to what I have to say. If you have sinus issues, he is definitely the one to see. He is a phenomenal surgeon and I highly recommend seeing him!”
Frequently Asked Questions About Balloon Sinuplasty
How do I know if I’m a candidate for Balloon Sinuplasty?
We can discuss with you whether or not you are a candidate for Balloon Sinuplasty (or other treatments). Typically, patients with the following symptoms may benefit:
- Recurrent sinus infections that do not respond to medication/treatments
- Sleep issues due to inability to breathe through nose
- Chronic bad breath and/or foul taste in your mouth
- Chronic nasal issues and/or nasal discomfort
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
- Chronic coughing due to sinusitis
What are some of the advantages of Balloon Sinuplasty over traditional sinus surgery?
- The procedure is performed right in our office
- Typically covered by most insurance providers
- No general anesthesia
- No packing and no bruising and no removal of bone or tissue
- Quick recovery – return to normal activities in 24-48 hours
- Less invasive, and minimal pain/discomfort
- Doesn’t involve any packing or bruising
What happens during the Balloon Sinuplasty procedure
A small balloon is placed through your nose, and this balloon dilates(or opens) the sinuses—which is why it’s been called the "angioplasty for the nose."The results are lasting.
What are some of the common symptoms of sinusitis?
The symptoms of sinusitis include: pain, tenderness and swelling around the eyes, cheeks, nose or forehead; nasal congestion with thick, yellow or green mucus discharge; a reduced sense of smell and taste; and issues with sleeping due to improper ability to breathe. Other symptoms may include ear pain, bad breath, fatigue, nausea, teeth pain, sore throat and cough that won’t go away.
It’s Time for Lasting Sinus Symptom Relief
As a breakthrough procedure, Balloon Sinuplasty at Montgomery ENT Center relieves pain and pressure that often come with sinusitis.
“We’re glad to continue to offer this breakthrough procedure, right in our office. Balloon Sinuplasty is effective and safe in getting at the underlying issue for many patients with chronic sinus infections or chronic sinus issues. By gently opening their blocked sinuses, our patients get rid of those uncomfortable symptoms and future infections.”
- Dr. Mark E. Grosinger, Board Certified ENT Physician & Founder of Montgomery ENT Center
Helping You to Breathe Better: About Montgomery ENT Center
Montgomery ENT is the sole independent practice in the Cincinnati/Wilmington region, and as a result, we’re able to give you more personalized, hands-on, and cost-effective care for conditions and issues of the ears, nose, and throat (ENT). We’re proud to be the premier practice for in-office Balloon Sinuplasty, a minimally-invasive, advanced treatment for recurring sinusitis.
We strongly believe each patient deserves to be treated individually, and by remaining independent, by choice, this allows us to give you that improved experience you deserve.
Request an Appointment Today
Cincinnati - (513) 891-8700
Wilmington - (937) 382-2000